What is a Media Kit and Why do you Need one?
This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission.
I am often asked “How do I land partnerships with brands?” While having a great email pitch is definitely step 1, you should also have a media kit included in every pitch email. A well put together media kit should be able to answer most of the basic questions a brand might have regarding your business. Including the media kit in your introductory pitch email will cut down a lot of the back and fourth conversation. I have added numerous blogger + business media kits on my Pinterest if you need some inspiration.
What to put in your Media Kit
A concise bio about you & your blog
- Include what topics you write about
- Include a professional photo of yourself
- Include your brand logo
- Include your contact information
- Include how long you’ve been blogging
Let’s talk Numbers
- Monthly Site views
- Monthly Unique users
- Reader Demographics- location, age, gender
- Social media follower count
- TOP brands you have worked with in the past
- Published bodies of work
- Featured in notable publications
- Fee for a blog post + round of social media posts (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.)
- Fee for 1 Instagram post
- Fee for 1 Facebook post
- Fee for 1 Pin
- Fee for Instagram Story
- Fee for Video (YouTube)
- Fee for an event appearance (we know this can vary, so a rough estimate is fine)
- Fee for Snapchat Story
Yay you’ve made it to the end! Now start sharing that media kit. Get ready to partner with your favorite brands & actually get paid for it.
Did you see me using an item that you liked? More than likely I have it featured on my Amazon Shop so Check it out.
Join the squad on Facebook