What To Know About Getting Your Makeup Professionally Done | Makeup by @theraidsmith_
**This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links **
I went to Kansas City & finally had time to check out The Selfie Boutique. I decided to stop by & see the lovely Raiyon. She is one of my favorite makeup artists and she’s only a teenager! She knows me so well now that I don’t even have to tell her how I want my makeup. She knows I just need snatched brows and popping highlighter. For this look I brought some of my own products & she used hers as well. You should also know I wore a face mask on the way to her so my skin could soak up as much moisture as possible in this summer heat.
Primer: Bobbi Brown
Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills in Dark Brown
Lipstick: Colourpop in Limbo
Highlighter: Pixi Beauty + Dulce Candy Sweet Glow
Shirt: Lex Collection
What To Know
- Skincare wins over makeup every time. You should take care of your skin to get the best base possible. Makeup can cover up what you need it to but it will look more natural with a smooth and hydrated base.
- Your makeup artists should have everything you need including lashes so all you need to bring is yourself. If you want to bring your own foundation because you know it works for you or maybe your favorite highlighter discuss that with that artist prior to your appointment and it shouldn’t be an issue.
- Keep your phone out the way! It’s fine to use it here and there but don’t make the MUA wait on you because you’re on your phone looking at my blog.
- Grooming is just as important as skincare. Remove any unwanted facial hair, clean up your brows, exfoliate to get rid of dead skin. Don’t forget you are there to get your makeup done so come with a clean face. Use a lip scrub before your appointment if you have dry lips so they aren’t chapped when the artist is trying to apply lipstick.
- Do NOT leave the chair unhappy & go on Facebook bashing the artist when you didn’t say anything when you were at the appointment. If you don’t love the look you are paying for then tell them. A professional MUA will redo and fix your look until you like it. Be as specific as possible when critiquing the look so they know what to fix.
- Makeup artists are service providers so therefore tips are accepted. Word of mouth is how a lot of freelance artists get their clients so be sure to leave a review for them.
If you have any other questions about getting your makeup done professionally just comment them below. Don’t forget to share this post.